10. Joe Biden's inaugural address - 2021
"History, faith and reason show the way, the way of unity. We can see each other not as adversaries but as neighbors. We can treat each other with dignity and respect, we can join forces, stop the shouting and lower the temperature. For without unity, there is no peace, only bitterness and fury."
9. Theodore Roosevelt's second inaugural address - 1905
"Much has been given us, and much will rightfully be expected from us. We have duties to others and duties to ourselves; and we can shirk neither."
8. Barack Obama's first inaugural address - 2009
"Starting today, we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off, and begin again the work of remaking America.”
7. Franklin Delano Roosevelt's second inaugural address - 1937
"Old truths have been relearned; untruths have been unlearned. We have always known that heedless self-interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics."
6. Thomas Jefferson's first inaugural address - 1801
"But every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle. We have called by different names brethren of the same principle. We are all Republicans, we are all Federalists."
5. Bill Clinton's first inaugural address - 1993
"There is nothing wrong with America that cannot be cured by what is right with America.”
4. Ronald Reagan's first inaugural address - 1981
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.”
3. John F. Kennedy's first inaugural address - 1961
"Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country."
2. Franklin Delano Roosevelt's first inaugural address - 1933
"This great Nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and will prosper. So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance."
1. Abraham Lincoln's second inaugural address - 1865
"With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation's wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations."， 英语句子