The lion and the mouse 狮子和老鼠
Lion was awakened from sleep by a mouse running over his face.
Rising up in anger, he caught him and was about to kill him, when the mouse piteously entreated, saying: "If you would only spare my life, I would be sure to repay your kindness." The lion laughed and let him go.
It happened shortly after this that the lion was caught by some hunters, who bound him by strong ropes to the ground.
The mouse, recognizing his roar, came up, and gnawed the rope with his teeth, and setting him free, exclaimed: "You ridiculed the idea of my ever being able to help you, not expecting to receive from me any repayment of your favour; but now you know that it is possible for even a Mouse to confer benefits on a lion."
Little friends may prove great friends.
- 10-07The ass the fox and the lion 驴、狐狸和狮子
- 10-06The Ass, the Cock, and the Lion
- 10-05The Ass, the Fox, and the Lion
- 10-05The Bull, the Lioness, and the Wild-Boar Hunter
- 10-05The Bowman and Lion
- 10-05The Doe and the Lion
- 10-03The Four Oxen and the Lion
- 10-03The Gnat and the Lion
- 10-03The Hares and the Lions
- 10-02The King's Son and the Painted Lion
- 10-06Work with the Now
- 10-06All I Want Is To Love You Forever
- 10-06Ebony and ivory 黑檀木与白象牙
- 10-06diaper diplomacy 尿布外交
- 10-06付出就有一定有回报吗? Does Hard Work
- 10-06President Bush Meets with Prime Minister of Ir
- 10-06Everybody wants to rule the world 每个人都想
- 10-06最英俊的男人 The Most Handsome Man